Blackmagic Design exposed a new camera at NAB: Blackmagic Production Camera. Just forget the fact that they don’t have fulfilled all their obligations concerning the Blackmagic Cinema Camera yet and look at the specs and facts of the new one.
BMD claims that the BPC is world’s most portable digital film camera that delivers 4K. It comes with a Super 35 sensor, global shutter and the user will be capable of using his or her beloved EF mount lenses. It records lossless compressed CinemaDNG as well as Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) and has a built in touchscreen just like the BMCC.
||21.12mm x 11.88mm (Super 35)
||3840 x 2160
||3840 x 2160, 1920×1080
||3840 x 2160p23.98,
3840 x 2160p24, 3840 x 2160p25, 3840 x 2160p29.97,3840 x 2160p30, 1920 x 1080p23.98, 1920 x 1080p24, 1920 x 1080p25, 1920 x 1080p29.97, 1920 x 1080p30, 1920 x 1080p50i, 1920 x 1080p59.94i
||Focus button turns on peaking.
||Iris button automatically adjusts the lens iris settings so no pixel is clipped in film mode. Scene average auto exposure in video mode.
||EF and ZE mount compatible with electronic iris control.
||5″ and 800 x 480 resolution
||Removable 2.5” SSD
|SDI Video Output
||1 x 6G-SDI 10-bit 4:2:2 with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range.
|Analog Audio Input
||2 x 1/4” jacks for professional balanced analog audio, switchable between mic and line levels.
via Blackmagic Design
Grant Petty (CEO of Blackmagic Design) just posted an update regarding the current shipping situation of the Blackmagic Cinema Camera on Facebook:
Things are going much faster with EF model camera production, and we have been getting out a very steady stream of cameras to all of our distributors around the world weekly. Though not at the full volume each week we would like, we are getting many more sensors per week than at the time of the January update, and have been very happy with the quality of the sensors coming in.
Also, I know there have been questions regarding the backorder and which regions are getting cameras first. Camera shipments are being sent out evenly between the offices, and will continue to be shipped that way.
With the MFT model, we are still planning on starting to ship some of those once we have gotten through more of the EF backorder.
And glad to see so many of you posting your footage captured on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera. Shots like the ones from “Big Sur” and the “Rebelz” music video that were posted a couple of weeks ago have made their way around all the Blackmagic offices, and it is amazing seeing what our camera can do in the hands of creative shooters.
via BMD (Facebook)
There its something really sweet coming. BMD announced their own Cinema Camera. According to Blackmagic Design the price is about $2995,- USD.
The dynamic range will be around 13 stops. It supports recording a RAW resolution of 2.5K. More specs below. View full article »
Blackmagic Design presented a new capture and playback device with Thunderbolt support at NAB 2011 in Las Vegas called UltraStudio 3D.
- 3G SDI (3 Gb/s SDI) in and out, supports SD, HD up to 1080p60 and 2K.
- SDI inputs include full SDI re-clocking for capture from poor quality SDI sources.
- HDMI 1.4 in and out, supports SD and HD formats up to 1080p60 and frame packing 3D.
- Component analog in and out.
- Component analog switches to s-video and composite.
- 2 channel balanced analog audio in and out.
- 2 channel AES/EBU unbalanced audio in and out.
- Genlock/tri-sync input.
- Sony™ compatible RS-422 deck control.
- Supports uncompressed 8, 10 and 12 bit and compressed video capture and playback.
- Capture/playback of side by side, line by line, top and bottom and frame packing 3D via HDMI.
- Capture/playback of side by side, line by line, top and bottom and dual stream 3D via SDI.
- Includes hardware SD and HD keying.
- Compatible with Mac OS X computers with Thunderbolt™.
- Supports Final Cut Studio, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, DaVinci Resolve and more.
- Includes free developer SDK.
- Includes free Media Express capture and playback software.