Blackmagic Design presented a new capture and playback device with Thunderbolt support at NAB 2011 in Las Vegas called UltraStudio 3D.
- 3G SDI (3 Gb/s SDI) in and out, supports SD, HD up to 1080p60 and 2K.
- SDI inputs include full SDI re-clocking for capture from poor quality SDI sources.
- HDMI 1.4 in and out, supports SD and HD formats up to 1080p60 and frame packing 3D.
- Component analog in and out.
- Component analog switches to s-video and composite.
- 2 channel balanced analog audio in and out.
- 2 channel AES/EBU unbalanced audio in and out.
- Genlock/tri-sync input.
- Sony™ compatible RS-422 deck control.
- Supports uncompressed 8, 10 and 12 bit and compressed video capture and playback.
- Capture/playback of side by side, line by line, top and bottom and frame packing 3D via HDMI.
- Capture/playback of side by side, line by line, top and bottom and dual stream 3D via SDI.
- Includes hardware SD and HD keying.
- Compatible with Mac OS X computers with Thunderbolt™.
- Supports Final Cut Studio, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, DaVinci Resolve and more.
- Includes free developer SDK.
- Includes free Media Express capture and playback software.
Just got to know that there will be news concerning the release of the Console for Lightworks 2010 by Editshare at NAB 2011. We’ll keep you informed regarding this.
More infos about Editshare Lightworks: lightworksbeta.com
Matrox offers a SD/HD-SDI scan converter for broadcasters. Price is around 1495$. Matrox Convert DVI Plus will be demonstrated at NAB 2011 in booth SL2515.
- DVI-D input up to 1920 x 1200
- Digital outputs: HD/SD SDI
- Analog outputs: HD/SD analog component, S-Video, and composite
- SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level genlock with timing offset controls
- Simultaneous analog and digital video output
- Stereo audio input can be embedded into the SDI output signal
- Realtime hardware upscaling and downscaling with proper color space and aspect ratio conversion
- Region-of-interest support including scaling, positioning, and panning with realtime output update
- Background color selection including super black and super white for downstream keying applications
- Can operate as a stand-alone appliance
- Advanced features such as an anti-flicker filter, customizable presets, password protection, and SD pixel aspect ratio compensation
- Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support
Read more at matrox.com.